Thursday, January 10, 2013

snow snow... #9, and #10.

snow snow oh beautiful snow. you turn our neighborhood into a winter wonderland! but sure make it difficult in the morning to get my son to school. need to start shoveling at 7am... in order to make it to school on time. yeh!! we did it.
since yesterday was such a busy out of the house day, carpool, stretch class, 45 minute drive to get an evaluation on my carpel tunnel... yes, I have it and yes, I need surgery. that will be interesting since I use my hand for everything... a bit of thrift store hunting, sign up for a new cell phone, then home. totally exhausted. 
I was able to make dinner but that is it. let's see it was 3 days from when I did all of that crazy ice removal on my driveway. this is how my fibromyalgia shows up. a few days later, in bouts of pain, exhaustion, depression and the feeling that I am the worst mom out there, can't do anything, and defeated. I know what I need is a super good nights sleep... and a very kind day to myself today.
so after dropping off my son to school, I decided to come home, no zumba. started to tidy up. cleaned the kitchen. organized my canning, and got on the computer. this is where I am now.
my thought for the day, since I have made so much lemon curd, it is time to create the perfect gluten free shortbread/tea cake recipe.
will report back in a bit...
oh nothing like cooking while watching Julie and Julia. one of my most favorite movies and my muse at the moment.
made up my first batch of gluten free shortbread. here the batch at the crumble up point. well, I just took them out of the oven... they smell divine!! can't wait to plate them up with lemon curd and berries! seems that I need to set up a tea party when spring is soon upon us. date tba. I will post my updated perfected fudge #9 and shortbread recipe #10 in the next few hours. until then, time to clean up.

enjoy # 9 and 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment