Friday, January 11, 2013

january 11th, "rich life"

this week's "rich life" has all been about fudge crèmes, thicker than a sauce, but softer than a stand alone candy. a crème, the perfect description. created a dark chocolate crème, a raspberry dark chocolate, a dark chocolate mint, a white chocolate and a raspberry white chocolate. packaged in the "vintage" 16 ounce glass jelly jars. canned til the "ping" of perfection. my kitchen as smelled so decadent all week. to hold up the crèmes, I had to create a gluten free shortbread. think I came up with a pretty good recipe on my first try... very buttery, flaky, light, hint of vanilla, baked in a cupcake paper with enough room for crème or curd, and a dollop of fresh whipped crème.
that was the sweet part of my week, the bitter part was to find out that yes, I still have carpel tunnel syndrome and it has progressed to the point of needing surgery. not happy... the recovery time is going to be very frustrating for me. no cooking, baking, knitting, sewing, gosh what am I going to do? type with my left hand only.... posts may be shorter during the first week!! date to be announced.
well on with the weekend. glad it is here. cold and snowy... will catch you up on our activities on Monday!
happy weekend. until Monday.
m
p.s. I owe you #9, 10, 11 recipes and pics. not going to happen tonight but will over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment