Monday, January 14, 2013

fudge and shortbread. #9-13.

#9 fudge perfected.
1 stick of butter.
1 cup of mini marshmallows
1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk

mix together in a double boiler. or put one pot inside a bigger pot that is half way filled with water.
when all smooth.... add the chocolate chips! mix until all smooth and creamy!! you are done. I use
16 oz. jelly jars for storage. makes 4 16 oz jars.

#10 shortbread- gluten free.
2 sticks of butter.
1 cup of powdered sugar.
2 1/2 cups of gluten free flour/ I used bobs red mill all purpose gluten free flour.
1 egg.
1T of vanilla.

mix and crème the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. then slowly mix in the flour. I ended up mixing by hand, and with my hands at the end.
spoon into a cupcake tin/with papers.
bake at 325 degrees. until the edges are brown. like above.
this makes a very flaky, light shortbread.

#11, #12 and #13 variations on the fudge recipe.





#11 white chocolate fudge
use white chocolate chips instead of the semi sweet chocolate. that's the only change.

#12 chocolate mint
use chocolate mint chips instead of the semi sweet chocolate. I used the winter variation that nestle's had during the holidays. I also used peppermint marshmallows. I don't think that made much of a difference.

#13 espresso caramel chip fudge
to the fudge recipe I added a large tablespoon of instant espresso coffee, and 8 oz of caramel chips.
the caramel didn't melt as fast as the chocolate so I left them in more as a chip than melted with the chocolate chips. super yummy!!


 how to plate the combination of recipes.

I plated with one shortbread round, 3 very fresh organic strawberries and a dollop of the fudge crème.

super yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment