Sunday, January 20, 2013

#14 my most favorite cake using almond and coconut flours.

hi all.

I wanted to experiment with almond and coconut flours this week.
Could not believe in my sleepy little mountain town, the local market carried both!! and at the same price as amazon.com. Found a very simple recipe on bob's red mill almond flour bag and have been fine tuning it to my perfection.

this is the first version;
took longer to cook than expected.
was still a bit undone in the middle, while the edges were getting too brown.

3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar.
4 eggs
1/2c milk
1 t vanilla to 1 t of vanilla or almond or maple.
1 1/2 cup almond flour and 1/2 cup coconut flour.
1/4 t salt.
2t baking powder.

350 degrees for 25 minutes

when I took the first one out of the pan, the middle was sticking... but got it cooled and added raspberry jam to the middle. plated with a dollop of whipped cream and a very small dollop of chocolate raspberry crème.
OH MY GOODNESS, this is likely the best cake I have ever made. holy cow!!! it is so moist and flavorful. needs no icing... think if I tweek it just a bit, it will be perfect!! the almond and the coconut flavors are so rich and decadent
found this amazing heart cake pan at ikea last month. wish I had bought a few more...
this cake was loved by many.... including myself, William and a few friends.
to solve the problems that I had with it... I am going to make it in a larger cake pan, or for this pan, decrease the flour a bit, and an egg.
will let you know what happens. in the meantime, make it and enjoy every morsel!!

m

No comments:

Post a Comment