Thursday, January 24, 2013

a slice of my life #4.

the biggest challenge with fibromyalgia is the unpredictability of when I will feel good and when I will not. it is so hard to plan to do anything. sometimes the plan works out and sometimes it doesn't. one might view me as flaky as I have had to cancel plans at the last minute. just making plans to go out to lunch the next day aren't always safe.

for example, my son wasn't feeling well yesterday when he got home from school. so, instead of pushing thru the whole evening, bedtime was at 5.30. we read together for awhile. watched a little food network. and lights were off by 7ish. he fell sound asleep. I, on the other hand got a second wind. I knew better than to get up, but I did. I took a shower and washed my hair. then I got back into bed. it wasn't until 11 that I actually fell asleep. now that probably doesn't alarm you, but... it made getting up this morning pure hell. I am groggy, not feeling well and would really like to get back into bed. so much for plans today. while there wasn't much on my list, not much will get done. most people can push thru a day like this. if I do, I will be in even worse shape tomorrow. so, today I rest, am gentle with myself... easier said than done.

initially I really wanted to post one "something special" a day, but what I realize is that there will be days that I don't post, and days that I post one, and days that I post many. my inconsistency in posting will reflect my physical and emotional energy for the week. it will show you visually how unpredictable life is when you have fibromyalgia. I am not being flaky, just real.

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea that you had fibromyalgia. I have a good friend on the east coast who also has it and I understand a lot about it from the struggles that she talks about. I was inspired by your work-out routine before, but now..... Holy crap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks tisha. I thought you knew. it is so challenging at times, like today!! hard to nap when you have a 7 year old who wants to play. low key day. may not show up for quilting tomorrow...

      Delete