Tuesday, February 5, 2013

simple dinners. # 25-27

the hardest part of my day is between 3-6pm. of course this is the time that the most important things of the day need to happen; dinner, homework, bath and getting ready for bed. dinners are always daunting for me. I would love to actually cook a good healthy meal each day, but that doesn't always happen. I have a couple of go to dinners when I am not feeling good and haven't loaded up the crockpot in the morning.

1. we love corn tortillas. so in my large skillet i layer a corn tortilla, some mozzarella cheese, some turkey breast and another tortilla. this is our new version of a grilled cheese sandwich. super easy to make and my son loves it. add some baby carrots for vegetables... and it is a done deal.

2. my version of the above is to skip the meat, add a bit more cheese and put in a dollop of pesto sauce. unbelievable! so yummy. yes, i add lots of fresh baby carrots on my plate as well.

3. when i don't want something hot, i slice tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese and toast some rice bread with pesto. make into little sandwiches... yummmmmy.

i seem to be hooked on pesto at the moment. found this store bought version that is super yummy. will be planting basil to make my own this summer. who knows what whim i will be on next. tune in to find out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment