Wednesday, February 6, 2013

a slice of my life #8, the big heart baking co. #2

greetings.

so, I got my son to school this morning, filled up the car with gas, went to the grocery store for a few things, battled with sprint, and now am sitting in my very comfortable perch writing... trying to decide if I should go to exercise class. haven't been in two weeks, and now it is a possibility... hoping that I am not trying to do too much, but at the same time really needing to stretch.
yesterday, my first try of chocolate cake using my baking mix was a bust. way too dry. could have cooked too long or should have added more wet to compensate for the cocoa powder. the best batch I have made up I added sweet potato and banana to. so I am going to make this up again and add some applesauce to it. other than a little dry, it was really good. I would love to perfect a chocolate version by using my basic baking mix. then I would have a "vanilla" and a "chocolate" versions. looks like the mix is going to cost about $6.00. betty crocker is $5-5.50 and only makes up 12 cupcakes. mine a bit more will make 16-24 cupcakes. a much better value. and by using almond flour instead of all rice flour, it is higher in protein and lower in carbs. I will report in how today's version turns out.
as I am researching recipes, creating baking mixes and in awe of very detailed cake decorating.... I think my next "career" really needs to be one of a pastry chef. not one that goes out and works 40+ hours, but one who works from home creating and sharing...
if only I knew how to get paid doing this? think I can sell 150 baking mixes to friends and family every month?? that would do it!
ok. I am putting this in my draft folder and going to class. should be interesting...
well it is nearly 4 hours later. I went to class and it had been cancelled. our instructor now has the flu. decided to work the circuit for 15minutes and stretch for another 10 minutes. came home and have napped for nearly 3 hours. better than nothing, right??
kept thinking while I was napping..... if I took 6 of my dry muffin cakes, crumbled them all up, added some butter... could I turn them into a pie crust??

No comments:

Post a Comment