Thursday, February 21, 2013

A slice of my life #10.

I have tended to be someone who has a lot of ideas, toss them around, visualize them, talk about them and see what really makes me excited and happy. When one of these ideas starts to create a life of it's own and doesn't feel like a runaway train... I am on to something good. This something good right now is The Big Heart Baking Company. I just posted 3 new posts on it's blogsite. thebigheartbakingcompany.blogspot.com to update what's happening....
My challenge is to keep it manageable. This is the first time I am starting a business without the goal of how big can I make this, how much money can I make but rather will this make me happy, will I be able to do this physically, how do I need to adapt my plan to meet my needs, can I work this within the limitations I have physically and emotionally, is it going to be worth my time and energy to do this... I am physically able to work about 12 hours a week. is this going to be enough?
It doesn't surprise me that this challenge is on my plate. I am learning all over again how to take care of myself and to prioritize my energy. I am no good to anyone, especially my son, if I over do it. I am learning that while I love being a mom, I need something to call my own. This just might be it.
So with firm boundaries, a clear plan and the willingness to try to do this differently... I am moving forward. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment