Friday, March 15, 2013

the infamous donut recipe!! and special announcement.



 
2013-03-04_12-28-47_390

a friend told me today, that if i posted my donut recipe, she knew i would hit 1,000 views this weekend!! so here it is!!
 
here is the infamous donut, along with a fun story. my friend Kathy was just about to give birth and she wanted donuts!! i eat gluten free. my maternal grandmother had celiac and died from intestinal cancer complications.  i don't have celiac, but when i eat gluten my fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue is much much much worse. my son has challenges with anxiety and is hypersensitive to many things. so, he eats gluten free with me.
 
after moving to a very small mountain town last summer, i found that there are not a lot of gluten free
baked goods options up here. during the first snow storm, i had the overwhelming desire to bake, and i have been baking ever since. i have created a couple of baking mixes, gluten free, grain free, nut free... http://thebigheartbakingcompany.blogspot.com
 
so back to donuts... i wanted to make donuts and i wanted a donut pan to bake them in. my son and i traveled nearly 100 miles to find the only 3 donut pans within the 100 mile radius!! success!!
i love a number of the gluten free blogs that have recipes. i find that i will find one and alter it to my taste. this is just what i did with the donut recipe. i found one using almond flour and one using coconut flour. i decided to try the almond flour one first. I will be making the coconut flour one this weekend.
 
if i share this with you, will you forward this blog to a friend? trying to hit 1,000 views this weekend!
 
gluten free- chocolate chip donut recipe.

1 cup of almond flour
1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda

4 eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla or almond.
2 tablespoons of honey or coconut nectar.
1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips

mix the dry ingredients together, mix in a separate bowl the wet ingredients. then mix the dry into the wet. mix until all smooth.

pour into your donut pan, mine is from wiltons. found it at k-mart! makes approx. 9 full size donuts.
bake at 300 for about 20 minutes or until light brown. i live at 4000 ft elevation so my times may be a bit a off if you live at sea level.

once i pulled them from the oven. i let them cool. i frosted with my white chocolate fudge crème and a multitude of sprinkles... yes, the sprinkles were gluten free!

are you asking yourself, "hey, i want the white chocolate fudge crème recipe as well".  i will post that recipe tomorrow, so you will need to come back to get it!!

so start baking!! and enjoy!!

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

IF I HIT OVER 1000 VIEWS ON MY BLOG WITH WEEKEND, I WILL LOWER MY ADVERTISING RATES TO $20 FOR ALL CATAGORIES FOR THE MONTH OF APRIL.
LIMIT 6 ADVERTISERS!! YOUR BLOG, YOUR CAUSE, YOUR BUSINESS...
SUBJECT TO MY APPROVAL! email me for more info....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment