Saturday, March 16, 2013

6 spoons a day lifestyle.

a friend was telling me about this yesterday and it makes so much sense to me. it also gives me a visual to work with.

each day I have 6 spoons worth of energy. each spoon represents an activity that takes about an hour. housework. appts. exercise. errands. art. and so on.

this is the lifestyle of someone with chronic fatigue and chronic pain. I am going to try this method of scheduling my days and see if I can avoid a fatigue or pain meltdown at the end of the week, which destroys my weekend.

today's spoons....

clean up house in the morning. 1 spoon.

catch up on facebook, blogs, pinterest, emails. 1 spoon.

go to ace hardware for a quart of free paint. 1 spoon
go to a local garage sale, and score some cool pieces to re-finish!

explore the irish days festival. 1 big spoon.

try to the big city to go to joanns fabrics for a bunch of supplies. 1 big spoon.

eat out and drive home. 1 spoon.

catch up on email, facebook, blogs, etc. 1 spoon.

day is done even though it is only 7:15pm.
5 spoons
2 big spoons.

result: likely will be tired tomorrow.

this is another way of what is called "pacing". this makes more sense to me....

No comments:

Post a Comment