Thursday, April 25, 2013

seasons....

I am learning that we really have two seasons. October 15th - April 15th and April 15th - October 15th. During the Fall/Winter season, I was nudged to be more quiet, slower and introverted. All I wanted to do was to bake, cook, read and knit. I spent a lot of time finishing up home projects.
Building and caring for my nest. I thoroughly enjoyed this time.... felt so content just at home. I experienced for the first time, snow! The most beautiful wonderland. I couldn't believe how I was moved emotionally each time the snow fell. Pure bliss... until I had to shovel the driveway!!

We live in small home and in the winter it just seems cozy. The fire was on most of the time and we snugged down at night with pounds of covers on top of us. It was so hard to get up in the morning, especially when it was 17 degrees outside. No I don't have auto air or heat, just a propane fireplace which kept us warm all winter!! Wanted to be the mountain momma with a wooden stove, but decided I would rather be warm. Best money spent!!

Now it is April 25th, 10 days after the beginning of our spring/summer season. It is still cool in the morning, mid 40's, but warms up in the afternoon to low 70's. The sun is beginning to warm up the earth, the daffodils are blooming, the birds are singing; mother earth is waking up from winter and is stretching her arms and taking a big breath of fresh air!!

My desires are shifting to wanting to be out in the world. I have been visiting all of the shops that I know the owners of, been taking more exercise classes, and finding that my creative juices are beginning to flow easily... I have been moving my baking company from concept to reality! All things fresh and new are right in front of me everyday... I feel refreshed from my long winters rest.
Ready to move forward towards new beginnings....

One of the bonus benefits from living in the country is that if you are willing and able to... you can become a part of the natural process and cycle of the seasons. It feels so good to be in sync with mother earth. Thank for showing me how I can live as one with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment